Monday, February 11, 2013

Refashionista! From Thrift Shop Pillow Sham to 50s Blouse

 Take one really big pillow sham from the Goodwill thrift shop:


 And a late 1950s pullover "overblouse" pattern - I opted for view 2:


I had to remove all seams and spread it out to see how much fabric I really had to work with. The tricky part was lining up the pockets so the dots were aligned and matched:




And the finished blouse! It's great alone as a summer top or with a turtleneck underneath for cooler weather wear. And note how those pockets are in perfect alignment! ;) The pattern is fairly boxy, so I added vertical contour darts in back for a better, less-loose fit.




It's not spectacular, but it IS versatile and a fun addition to my separates wardrobe - good enough for work or play!


1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful shams!!What a perfect use for those beautiful shams. Blessings


    What is Pillow Sham

    ReplyDelete